Do you all love your bathrooms as we love ours? Something is special about that place, right? I guess it’s the running water. The beauty of sparkling drops fascinated me when I was little. I would sit and watch them running down the walls after Mom took a shower. I have been spending at least one third of the day in the four walls of out bathroom imagining it is a whole kingdom and it’s mine! Pixie is fascinated with water too. She drinks from a tap, she catches water drops with her face and paws, and she lays in the bathtub while Mom washing her face or getting ready for work. But most of all she likes to sit on the side of a bathtub and catch Mom’s feet through the bath foam while Mom is taking a bath. It’s all about the bath here! Is it the same at your place?
I am not sure if I am bragging too early, but it seems like Pixie is a little fairy after all. Those who know me for a while, remember that I was not be touched by anyone. Last Summer I risked my life running away from Mom on the street when I thought it was not her who touched me. I ripped my harness off, tore Mom’s hands severely and ran home crossing two roads…
When someone would approach me with a kid, I would start shaking or roaring. If someone other than Mom would touch me, I could have hit with my paw or bite through the hand…
Now, having a stable life, Mom’s friend Kris living with us for almost a year now and Kleo with babies for over 4 months changed me, made me calmer and more confident. But having Pixie the Smiling kitten (Pixie Pie, Pixie the Sweet Paw, Pixie Crazy Pants, Pixie the Silver Mouse and so on and so forth) changed me so much Mom can barely recognize me.
I am old Mr. Grumpy, of course, and I am still a crazy Dragon baby, but I am much sweeter to Mom, my health is more stable and the most surprising thing is, I LOVE people now. Yes, yes, you heard me right. Every man/woman/kid I see outside of my apartment is my friend. I ran to a human to greet him and I smell him and bump him with my head and rub on his legs. Nothing will make me happier if a neighbor lets me in to his home to explore…Happy days like this I cherish. Last week Mom was shocked when a lady that came to see someone in our block lifted me up thinking I am running away from Mom and guess what I did? I purred to her!!! Well, to make a long story short, look at the pics. This is me being held by Mom’s friend Kris, who has been living with us for 8 months before I let her touch me for the first time.
Now she is even aloud to pet me and hold me from time to time. I sat on her lap recently so she could rub my face…Mom never thought it was possible. Now she is daring to dream that Pixie and I will become cuddle buddies one day!
Do you agree that Pixie has magic in her?
Pixie is a terrorist! What? You don’t believe me? You say she is too cute for that? You know, her cuteness helps her get away with many things, but it does not prevent her from being a real menace to your life. Well, not your life, probably, but mine for sure.
See how she changed my daily routine already:
– we wake up when Pixie wakes up;
– she gets her pre-breakfast dairy snack first before we get our breakfast;
– she demands to go out with us, destroying our private play time that we had with Mom;
– she won’t let me nap as much as I want during the day. She just jumps inside my warm house and bite me everywhere forcing me to go out and then she jumps at me and bite my neck and ears making me start our chasing game;
– she catches everything Mom throws right away and won’t let me prepare for the attack, thus ruining all my fetching games with Mom;
– she won’t let Mom go to sleep in the evening by jumping at me so I would chase her around. We have our crazy chase games at midnight every day now. We run around Mom’s bed, jumping at her all the time. Mom has to hide under the pillow to try to sleep!
– by disrupting my daytime naps and by not letting me go to sleep with Mom in the evening, she makes me grumpy and irritable and I demand more walks and attention from Mom now.
So, now you see that Pixie is a cute terrorist, driving Mom and me mad? What do you say? We should be more strict with her? Oh, Mom tried sometimes, when she goes too crazy or too late, but it doesn’t really help. And have you seen her happy smiling face? We forgive and forget everything the moment this little daemon turns into a cute kitten again.
Cuteness is a dangerous weapon!